Saturday, June 13, 2009

Race For The Cure















Aunt Emily joined us today in the St Louis Race For The Cure. We walked the 5K in memory of Willie's Mom, a tradition I started with Madison last year & hope to continue for many years to come. There were over 65,ooo people at the Race this year - it is an amazing sight to see all the people who come together for this event. Unfortunately, too many have someone in their life who has been affected by breast cancer. It is very emotional to witness the celebration of the survivors and the remberance of those who lost the fight. Mothers, daughters, wives and sisters who are all loved by so many. I wish I could've met Purita McArtor - she raised the greatest man I have ever met & am lucky to call my husband. Madison Jordan has a very special angel watching over her - I know Grandma Purita would be so proud of her.
















Madison would not lay down in her stoller - she didn't want to miss anything. Instead she slept sitting up!

1 comment:

  1. Can you e-mail me at robertmcartor@verizon.net and tell me what branch of the McArtor family you come from? Thanks, Bob McArtor, Alexandria, Virginia

    ReplyDelete